Friday 5 February 2016

Different or same, I follow my heart

I had often felt overwhelmed with responsibilities; child, study, work, and the list of other common home related matters. I have tried to prioritize my duties according to demand. My responsibility as a mom had always been the utmost priority. For instance, if I do not brush my child's teeth, who will?, if I do not give my child a shower, who will?, if I do not prepare and feed my child a meal, who will?, if I do not encourage my child to learn through books, who will?, if I do not create an opportunity for my child to socialize, who will?, if I do not create a space for my child to play safely, who will?. A lot of these questions linger in my head. Mostly, answered, "I". Yes, I am the person who ensures the basic, daily needs of my child. 

Some may say, that is because I am stay-at-home-mom. I agree partially. Even a working mom would have some of these in their head. To rush home and be the mom of their child, doing all the necessary. For one strong reason I believe, responsibility as a parent is not a choice, it is an obligation. There is no room for choices. It is not something to choose to do today but not tomorrow or when there is time. It has to happen every day, every time when it comes to caring for a child. Even imagining about a neglected child, just even any one of the basic needs could cause much pain later for the child and/or the parents. 

I don't understand how some can look at child responsibility as a choice. Maybe because it does not generate any income? Could an employee hired in a company choose to just not do his or her work most times and only work when he or she feels like it? Could the employee choose to just not go to work as and whenever he or she chooses to? Could an employee walk in to work at any convenient time? Most of the time, No, without a price to pay. How is it such responsibilities and punctuality not shown to their own child? It really makes me wonder. 

Possibly ignorant because someone else will do it, if not I. Someone else will feed, if I am late, someone else will put to bed if I am busy, someone else will play if I am not around and all the reasons for not meeting the obligations of caring for a child.

I am obliged to care for the innocent child gifted to me. I will not wait for that someone else. It is me and who I want to be as a mom, a responsible mom. The one that would give with her heart. No matter how tired, busy or sick. I follow my heart.  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment